Saturday, February 7, 2009

Football and Food

This week was pretty uneventful until we had training with the American Football Club. This is flag football by the way, not tackle with pads or anything. It was a two hour practice consisting of 1 hour of working on offense and defense and then 1 hour actually scrimmaging. Mike and I had a solid day on the field. Mike had two huge interceptions and I had two touchdown receptions. After such a spectacular afternoon on the gridiron, Mike and I ate dinner at Tony's Bistro. We both had Tony's Famous Grill and this time I made sure to take a picture of it.

I've mentioned it before, but for those who just started following the blog. The meal consists of toast, bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, a tomato slice, an egg, a hash brown triangle, onion rings, and fries on the side. It was very filling and it felt good to eat a lot of food after the two hours of football practice.

Speaking of football, here is a picture of the setup Mike and I had for the Super Bowl.


Mike and I watched the game on the computer using my brother Tyler's slingbox. We put my computer on my desk chair as you can see and watched the game from our beds. It was a late night but definitely a great game to watch.

Today we went to Blarney Castle, but I will have a full entry on that tomorrow complete with several pictures. I took so many pictures that it's going to take a little while to narrow it down to which ones I want to put up in the blog entry. Right now we are just hanging out and we might do something else for the night.

2 comments:

  1. Trev,

    Nice shot of the breakfast masterpiece! I'm guessing the "bacon" is probably more like thinly sliced fried ham. When I was in Scotland, we had bacon rolls for breakfast...they were plain white rolls with fried ham (bacon). Not too fancy but pretty tasty.

    I also remember the sausage to be different than we are used to. The texture is a lot less coarse and the flavor is not as strong. I also had the beans and mushrooms with breakfast when I was in England. The onion rings and french fries are a very interesting touch!

    I loved the "Home Theater" set-up for the big game. I'm glad you got to watch the game, it was a good one.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trev.
    I'm glad you took a picture of the breakfast. I can't imagine eating it much less ordering it again but I can see that it would be filling. Certainly seemed to cover all of the food groups. Although I'm concerned that it might be too "starchy".

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete