Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trevor Reloaded

After a week of being quarantined in my room. I think I am finally not feeling sick anymore. I could give you a detailed itinerary of everything I have done in the last week, but I'll save you the trouble. I went to my classes, took a nap, ate, and went to bed pretty much everyday. I'm feeling a lot better now though and we will be doing some more stuff this week. Just so you know what kind of stuff I'm going to be studying over here, below is a list of my classes:

PE4002: Process Automation and Optimisation
CE2008: Thermodynamics
MG1005: Introduction to Management & Organisation
PH2022: Great Books in Philosophy I
Mostly we've just gone through some pretty typical stuff in each class. In the philosophy class we are reading Plato's Apology and another book called Daodejing I believe. That will definitely be interesting.

Tonight we went and got Chinese food at a place called Jade Palace. It was a sit down type place. I got some Orange Chicken, and Mike got some kind of Peking Chicken. When they brought out the first plate, we assumed it was mine because it was orange in color. That was a mistake though because the next plate of yellowish chicken was actually mine. The orange pieces on it were a dead giveaway. Overall the meal was pretty mediocre. I'd take Egg Roll King or Golden Wok over that any day. I did enjoy part of the menu. Here is a picture of it below. Hopefully you can get the joke (Hint: Look at the time of the Early Bird Special).


We took some pictures on the way back home. Here are some of the good ones.

Me in the City Centre on St. Patrick's Street

abrakebabra, the Irish fast food restaurant

Some sweet lights in an alley
We're planning on catching some traditional Irish music at a pub this week as well as some more modern music at a different pub. Also, if the weather is nicer we'll eventually make it to the Blarney Castle.








4 comments:

  1. Hi Trev,
    I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Lots of people have been sick here too. We will look forward to your report on the music this week. Nothing new here just more snow and a warm up to the 20's. It's kind of sad when that is considered balmy.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trevor,
    I'm one of the lots of people who have been sick here so I can totally relate to your week - do what you have to do and take a nap. I love the pictures you included this time, especially the alley lights. Is Irish fast food like American fast food? For some reason, I imagine it being a little healthier, or at least not as deep fried. Your classes sound challenging. I think the only one I might even begin to comprehend is the philosophy class and that sounds pretty deep too. Certainly more intellectually stimulating than my usual read, although I did just finish a book of essays by a Catholic, Buddhist shepherd. It was interesting but I don't believe it will take a place next to Plato on the bookshelf.
    I'm glad you're feeling better and look forward to more pictures and hearing about your daily life. It might seem strange to you but it's really very interesting to hear what you're eating, what you see when you're walking, and what you notice about the people and places there.
    Stay well,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trev,

    I "roved" the Chinese menu...the Asians have a tough time with those pesky "L" sounds! So glad to hear you are feeling better. The pictures are great!

    I was curious about the menu options at the abrakebabra? What do they serve?

    I hope you can get out and enjoy some of the local music scene. We'd love to see some pics of the pubs and your new friends.

    Rove,

    Your Sirrey Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. The abrakebabra has your typical burgers and fries as well as kebabs which are like pita sandwiches, baguette sandwiches and also some different chicken things. They do use 100% Irish beef. Other than that it's very similar to American fast food places.

    By the way, Dad I'm glad that you enjoyed the joke.

    ReplyDelete